KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:40 AM

Phenomenal Tuesdays and Birthday Blessings


Do you ever have a randomly good day? Well yesterday was a great evening meeting new friends at a new knitting group! Things have been up and down for me lately, and it was just what the Doctor ordered. I’ve had a few revelations in the last couple of days that I’ll share:


  • Sometimes when we’re in the thick of a situation, we can’t see the forest for the trees.

  • There’s times where we go through life thinking a certain situation is working, when it’s really just a deception that’s actually hindering the real blessing from coming along.

  • A double minded man is unstable in all his ways (James 1:8). Even though we all try to give wishy-washy people some slack, sometimes you just have to cut them loose and let them get their act together on their own.

  • No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17). That’s some real powerful stuff. While it’s great for the person that’s on the heritage side, that’s some scary stuff if you’re on the other end of the stick…..

  • …. even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. (Romans 4:17b). Unfortunately, human nature seems to call things worse than it actually is at the time. Speaking positive and calling what you want instead of what your upset at, is a very important step to getting the life you want.

  • There is so much in life to be thankful for that we should try to focus on these things, instead of hyper-focusing on the little troubles that may cross our paths here and there.


Today is my Mother’s 66th birthday! Kwacha is such an amazing woman and the greatest Mother a person could be blessed with. She’ll be celebrating with family and friends in Vermont. Here’s a pic of my Mamma with my Sister. In line with my “revelations”, my Mom shared a message this past Sunday at Church:
    Her first trip to Malawi, Africa, she saw a man that had matted hair, cracked and scaling feet, and clothes that weren’t even rags, just strips of dirty material that he had draped over himself. After she finished preaching at the Church , the man came up for prayer saying; “Pastor, can you please pray for me to be healed of malaria. God has been so good to me, how can I ask for anything else?” Needless to say, my Mom went back to the rest-house she was staying at that evening and cried. How ungrateful are we every day, when someone seemingly in great need on the other end of the world, is actually happy and thankful for what they do have.
Back to knitting….I am still plugging away at Orangina, but have an itch to cast-on for another project. I’m thinking of starting Fad Classic with the comfy yarn I bought a few weeks ago. Since my recent Vest FO was a success, why not start another quickie to keep up the momentum? No worries, I promise to still press forward with Orangina, just slowly.

It's never easy getting back on the horse again after a dating fall, but there's some promising prospects for the Fourth of July. My friend Sherri has (and I quote her email) "2 sexy Italians in town". While I swore off Italians after things with the Sicilian went sour, I'm thinking "why discount an entire group of passionate people?" Happy Fourth of July everyone!

9 comments:

Nic said...

Congrats on your new found clarity... and to your mom HAPPY BDAY

Anonymous said...

I know what you are going thru. It is very hard to get back on the horse, so both of us should just do it!! Go for it and have fun!! The italians might be a great group of guys. Hugs! (Just because I think you need it.)

Robin said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! She sounds like a truly amazing, inspiring woman.

I just started Orangina too! I actually changed the gauge to knit it with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece instead of the lighter weight yarn called for. Can't wait to see how yours is going!

Anonymous said...

"Speaking positive and calling what you want instead of what your upset at, is a very important step to getting the life you want."

An absolute truth.
So many think it is noble to say what is wrong and to worry.

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday to your mom - and thank you for those very inspirational words. I'm glad to hear you've had an uplifting day. Those are great, especially when they come out of nowhere :)
Hope you have a great holiday weekend.

Hilary said...

You know, I have been feeling somewhat down lately for various reasons and this post of yours REALLY spoke to me. Funny how that happens :).

Thank you for your inspirational words and good luck this weekend with the sexy Italians!

Ilix said...

What a lovely post. Thank you for sharing thos thoughts. Good wishes to your Mom and have a gret long weekend.

amanda said...

randomly good days are the best, aren't they? glad you had one!

Keep plugging away at orangina. i just finished mine. I was SICK of the lace towards the end, but it came out really nice and I'm glad I got it done.

Unknown said...

Hi!

I am so glad that you had a nice time at MELLOW! My parents own the bar, I do all of the promotions and special events and would love to host your group again! Jessica, one of our employees organized the event, please feel free to give me a call at 619-302-9990 ;-)
Nikole~