KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:44 AM

New Project Progress


In addition to feeling like I have a rough existence, my knits have not been coming to my rescue. I have had issues with every knit that I’ve been attempting for the last month or so. Very frustrating. Brandi has been kind enough to keep ripping back my projects for me, since I’ve never been able to bear it. That means Orangina has lost its length and my Aran Accent vest will be going down to merely ribbing status! *frown*. In order to keep my sanity, I started a quick project on Thursday. That day I actually went in to work, checked email and then proceeded to call my boss and say “I’m taking the day off”. I really needed it and kind of could use another, but can’t due to an upcoming trade show in San Jose I need to prepare for, instead.

Here’s progress pics of my new project, The Back to School U Neck Vest. This was taken at the Infinite Knitters meet-up yesterday at Starbucks. I’m at the bust dart section right before splitting for the front and back. It seems to be going well and I hope my next pic is not a progress one, but a successful FO.

12 comments:

brandilion said...

Wow My hair looks hot! :D

It totally just dawned on me, You should just start the Aran Accent Vest over with a new ball. Then you don't have to wait for me to rip it out and when you get ready to start the back, you already have the ribbing done, voila!

Robin said...

The BTS U-Neck Vest should be a good project - I liked making mine!

Teresa said...

It's a good idea to start on something small and simple if you're frustrated. I hope you get some of the good vibes I'm sending your way.

Virtuous said...

Gurl my BTS is in hibernaton right at the point where you are at! :o)

It is too hot to knit with Malabrigo right now (98 degrees!!)so I will need to get back to it in the fall! LOL

Keep going!

Hilary said...

Well, if that photo is any indication, it will definitely be a successful knit. It looks fabulous!

Team Knit said...

It looks great so far! Hope the rest of it just flies right by.

- Julie

Nic said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it completed.

Thanks for posting your profile! /SP Hostess Nic

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty, calm color. I can't wait to see this vest on you.

Andrea said...

I hope the BTSV goes a little better for you. So far it looks pretty good.

Janet Richards said...

Love the vest! Can't wait to see it as a FO :)

amanda said...

looking good!!

juicyknits said...

I'd love to see the result! At the moment I'm finishing Talia, but my next project is also Back2School. So I'd love to see yours up with some thoughts/improvements about the pattern.