KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:59 AM

The Burgundy and Silver Bullet....FO Tomato...Revised



I have finally completed my Tomato. I'm calling "her" the Burgundy and Silver Bullet. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It really was worth it for me to frog and rework the collar for a better result. I have never done corrugated ribbing, so this was another first on this project for me. It's only January and I've already talked color work for the herringbone pattern, and now this. I'm soooooo soooooo pleased. I still have to block it to even out a few bumpy stitches, but it is completely wearable as it stands now....I'm still waiting for my new blocking toy, so I'm actually looking forward to the opportunity to give it a try.

Here's a pic of the old tomato with silver collar:



Here I am at new guy "G's" house modeling the final version before the Charger's game....d*mn you Patriots (raising fist to the sky)....Obviously this is BEFORE the game started. You can even get a glimpse of my new, even shorter hair do.




Pattern: Tomato by Wendy Bernard
Yarn: King Tut Mercerized Cotton - Burgundy (MC) Silver (CC)
Needles: US 5 & 6
Size: 35 1/2"
Modifications: Started the herringbone pattern just below the bust to define smaller part of my body. I did corrugated ribbing for the collar in both main and contrasting colors and then bound off in the contrasting color. Added one silver knit row at the bottom, below the ribbing. I completed the sleeve edging using the CC for the ribbing and then followed with one knit row in burgundy before binding off. I'm about a 38 1/2" bust, so there's around 3" of negative ease. I wanted this to be very form fitting, especially since the cotton might change it's drape slightly with wear down the road.

***HAPPY MLK, JR. DAY EVERYONE!!!!!***

29 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

Ooooh, it's gorgeous!

CaveGurl said...

Wow! I really love the new neck-line! It looks amazing! You've rekindled my love for this pattern. It'll definitely be in the works for this spring!

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

it's absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

OMG, it's stunning! You were right about the neckline -- the corrugated is so pretty, sets the whole balance and accentuates the herringbone and detail. Just lovely! Your hair's really cute too. :D
Happy MLK Day to you too!

K. said...

Hello gorgeous FO! It's very nice congrats!

Robin said...

Looks beautiful on you!! And I love your new haircut - you kind of remind me of Veronica Webb now!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

It looks absolutely fabulous!! And yay for new guy!! Sounds like 2008 is going to be a good year!

Karine said...

This is the best version I've seen so far...

Lisa said...

Very very well done! It looks fabulous on you!

Virtuous said...

FABULOUS!!
I love your updated corrugated ribbing neckline!!

Great mods! And I would have to agree with Karine! @ best version so far I've seen!

You look wonderful in your sweater!

New guy huh?? :oD Mmmmmmhhh :op

Yeah I was so mad last night too!! I need Green Bay to win for my yarn pool! UGH!

Great work Susan!! Keep spreading those wings as a fearless knitter like you always do!

WandaWoman said...

I agree that the corrugated ribbing was the way to go. It looks great and you are so slim! You look beautiful, healthy and with a great hair cut!

Anonymous said...

Tomato is beautiful and I love your hair cut. Yeah for an FO!

brandilion said...

love the new and improved collar!

see you wednesday.

MrsPurls said...

You did a fabulous job on the tomato!!! You color choice really complements you well! The variation on the neckline looks great also!

Glad you gotta new guy!

Unknown said...

LOVE the sweater and LOVE the hair do. I've got to hurry up and get my skills in check to do a sweater.

Debora said...

It looks great!!

amanda said...

very nice! Glad you were able to rework it.

I agree about the game - can't the Patriots just lose already?!

Sheila said...

The sweater came out perfect and it looks good on you (diggin' the new haircut).

mle said...

Wow, that came out sooooo cute! and it's very flattering on you. I definitely like your mods on the neckline!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Tomato (or Bullet!) looks awesome on you. I love how you modified the neckline...perfect! You look great in it.

Madge said...

You're va-va-voom gorgeous in your Tomato! I love how you reworked the neck line.

P.S. Hey, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy....

AllyB said...

Hey! Your tomato looks fabulous on you and your hair is super cute!

Michelle B said...

Beautiful!!!!!
It looks and fits great!

Shannon said...

Wow - that looks and fits fantastic!

Monique said...

Ok you did a fab job on this top. Great first 2008 project. It fits you perfect. On to the next eh? Can't wait to see it.

LizKnits said...

that sweater looks great on your... super hair cut too!

Teresa said...

What a great job - that's the best one I've seen yet. I think it looks great on you. Wonderful colour choices, btw. I'm always envious of people who can wear red so beautifully!

Team Knit said...

girrrrrrl, i love everything you changed to this sweater, it's superb@! The extra collar work was totally worth all your time and effort, as it suits you magnificently@! :)
<3
jensun