I have finally completed my Tomato. I'm calling "her" the Burgundy and Silver Bullet. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It really was worth it for me to frog and rework the collar for a better result. I have never done corrugated ribbing, so this was another first on this project for me. It's only January and I've already talked color work for the herringbone pattern, and now this. I'm soooooo soooooo pleased. I still have to block it to even out a few bumpy stitches, but it is completely wearable as it stands now....I'm still waiting for my new blocking toy, so I'm actually looking forward to the opportunity to give it a try.
Here's a pic of the old tomato with silver collar:
Here I am at new guy "G's" house modeling the final version before the Charger's game....d*mn you Patriots (raising fist to the sky)....Obviously this is BEFORE the game started. You can even get a glimpse of my new, even shorter hair do.
Pattern: Tomato by Wendy Bernard
Yarn: King Tut Mercerized Cotton - Burgundy (MC) Silver (CC)
Needles: US 5 & 6
Size: 35 1/2"
Modifications: Started the herringbone pattern just below the bust to define smaller part of my body. I did corrugated ribbing for the collar in both main and contrasting colors and then bound off in the contrasting color. Added one silver knit row at the bottom, below the ribbing. I completed the sleeve edging using the CC for the ribbing and then followed with one knit row in burgundy before binding off. I'm about a 38 1/2" bust, so there's around 3" of negative ease. I wanted this to be very form fitting, especially since the cotton might change it's drape slightly with wear down the road.
***HAPPY MLK, JR. DAY EVERYONE!!!!!***