KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:47 AM

Good Progress on Juliet


Well - it's about time! I'm finally vibing with Juliet. Her color is a deep burgundy wine, which is perfect for the holiday season. Her bulky yarn allows for a fast knit. Despite the positives, I've had quite a bit of problems with her. After a bit of fighting, we have made up. I'm already on my sixth repeat of the lace pattern. I'll probably do two more before starting on the garter stitch bottom. I may add a few extra rows instead of the 3 that's called for in the pattern. We'll see. I might just wear this Thursday's Thanksgiving soirée.

In other life news, I'm still searching for a roommate. I've had a terrible time finding someone that I think will work as a good match. I'm not looking for a new best friend of course - but someone that is compatible and that I might have fun going out on the town or for coffee here and there. I really want to have this figured out before December. I think less people move during the winter, so it gives me slim pickings. Keep your fingers crossed for me along with positive thoughts my way. I'm not happy about wasting money on an empty room, especially when it's time to start buying Christmas gifts.

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

It's looking good!!!

WandaWoman said...

Good luck on the roommate search. I've found it hard to live with someone as I get older.

Juliet is coming along great and the color is beautiful. You're right, it's perfect for the holiday season.

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty color...hope you get to finish in time.

I can't even imagine what a roommate search might be like. Good luck!!

Robin said...

Looks great so far! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the roommate search!

Team Knit said...

It's looking great! I love burgundy, it's such a gorgeous colour, and you're right- very seasonally appropriate! - Julie

amanda said...

Juliet is looking beautiful - wonderful rich color!

Shannon said...

Juliet looks great so far, I love the color. I never had much luck with the roommate thing. I wish you much better luck!

Sheila said...

Your are moving along with Juliet quickly and its looking good.

Virtuous said...

Nice progress!! What do you mind you and Juliet have been fighting?? Lawd! give me the heads up please!!

But you could so be done by Thursday!

I plan to make mine short like yours too!

I wish you the perfect roommate ASAP!

Lara said...

Your Juliet is looking great! I love the color! So pretty!

Good luck with the roommate search. I am sure that is difficult.