KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:01 PM

From the Fires....

So I have a beautiful start to Juliet hanging out in my bag. Why am I not pouring my love into this piece that has brought me out of my knitting drought?

From the fires of San Diego to the ear and throat of Knitters-Delight. I have tonsillitis and an ear infection! I've always had large tonsils and was preparing to have them removed before moving to San Diego a year and a half ago, but scheduling conflicts didn't allow it to happen. Since eating a raw food diet, I haven't had problems. Then, with the poor air due to the fires, I woke up Sunday morning with a horrible sore throat and a weird feeling in my ear that intensified so much that I was a raving lunatic. After going to the Doctors I have been diagnosed with tonsillitis and an ear infection. They're giving me 4 different meds to try to help including Vicodin which I wasn't even given when I had muscle spasms from my back going out. Hopefully this all helps cause I can't hear out of my right ear and still have horrible pressure on the right side of my face and ear. I'm hoping to be able to pick Juliet up and have her comfort me...sometime soon anyway.

In addition to Juliet, I've had the strongest urge to start an Aran Afghan for an acquaintance of mine. We haven't talked in a week now and I'm not even sure if our friendship will develop further, but I feel like he helped me realize there's still so much good in the world and my appreciation could be best shown through a cozy reading blanket for his leather rocking chair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeek - that does not sound good. I used to get tonsillitis on a regular basis as a kid, but thankfully seemed to grow out of it. I can't imagine having it with an ear infection on top of it. Feel better!

Anonymous said...

Aw, feel better soon! When and if you go for tonsilectomy, please be sure you get the VERY best doctors/surgeon you can find (with recommendations, etc.) 'cause that's a difficult procedure for an adult. Be well!

Anonymous said...

Auch, that sounds awfull. I hope you are feeling better soon.