KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:34 AM

8 Random Things

I did this a while back...but I've been re-tagged by my friend Gail

The Rules:
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I love languages. I speak French and know a bit of a couple African dialects. My mother speaks 6 and my Sister is fluent in Spanish as well as sign language. I want to re-learn Spanish as I have forgotten it all.
2. I'm not a wedding person...well - I enjoy going to other peoples weddings, but have always wanted to elope since I was a little girl. While most women plan that perfect day out I've always liked the idea of a beautiful union w/o the hoopla of family and friends (weird, I know).
3. This is the first time in my life that I've really lived alone. I've had my own 2 bedroom apartment for 10+ years, but had my two cats. Since I'm sharing custody w/my ex - it's been a completely different experience.
4. I am always doing regimens and detoxes. I enjoy researching different types and getting family, friends, and co-workers to join in. Today is day 93 of being raw and I will add a master cleanse starting Monday for 10 days where I only drink water, lemon, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. This will be my second time doing it.
5. My boss wants to read my blog and I don't really want her to - even the idea makes me uncomfortable. Strange how I'm so comfortable being personal with the knitting blog community - many whom I'll never meet, but not a person that I work for on a daily basis.
6. I did buy the Juliet pattern and will look in my stash in order to start tomorrow. I so hope I can find where I put my turbos - so I can get rolling. I have a feeling it will be just what the Doctor ordered.
7. I've been mad at a close friend of mine and just reached out after a month of no communication last night. I can be an extremely stubborn person, so this was a pretty big step for me.
8. I want to start working out again - especially since my new place has a gym on site. I use to have a trainer that I worked out with 3 times a week for 9 months. I had such a great muscular tone and loved that I could do 3 sets of 10 pull-ups on the bar like the guys in the gym.

Since I've tagged people already for the previous meme, I'll let others decide if they want to share again.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I didn't do the whole big white wedding thing with Jim - got married on a cruise, just the two of us. LOVED IT and don't regret doing it that way at all. I did the BWW thing the first time in my early 20s and it was very blah. Felt like it was someone else's life. So don't let anyone talk you into it.

I would be weirded out by my boss reading my blog too. I think I would rethink things I say and I wouldn't be as authentic.

Go you on the detoxes and regimens - the current raw one must be working very well, as you are looking great!

Adrienne said...

So cool about the languages!!! Loved reading this!

Virtuous said...

Gurl I did the 10 day Master Cleanse as well last year and will never do it that long ago again!!

I now do it as mini 3 day fasts. I just finished a 2 day one today! :o) That actually works better for me and my body!

I wouldn't give my boss my blog site either. I have 2 co-workers who read it now and I really don't care since I don't get too personal on it. How did you get out of it with your boss? LOL

I just ordered yarn for the Juliet...have the pattern but no fiber! :op Haha! LOL

my e-mail addy: crimsondiva1999@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with eloping--that's what I wanted, but the family pressured me to have a small wedding (21 people tops). I was never into the whole extravaganza thing, either.

I'd feel weird if my boss(es) read my blog, too. Not that I talk about them or anything, but it seems like only other knitters really get it.