KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:14 AM

Knitting Again


Hello everyone. I'm knitting again. I've been having a lot of ups and downs. The break-up part hasn't been as bad as I would have thought, but the separating our lives has. We're still living together trying to figure who has to pack up and who gets to stay. I've also added a second job to supplement my income. Even though pay as a General Manager is decent, I've been accustomed to our double salaries helping with household expenses. Now - regardless of where I live, it'll be just my salary.

Enough of that, though - here's a pick of my latest project, The Romantic Cable and Lace Vest from SweaterBabe.com. I'm knitting it using Cotton Ease in color 191 violet. It's a really pretty bluish purple color. This is the first project that I'll be doing seaming in quite some time. It's a pretty quick knit and I'll be excited to wear it. I can put a crisp, white shirt underneath and wear it to work or wear it as is for a weekend top. More to come....

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're knitting!

Teresa said...

That looks like a beautiful WIP. I'm very glad to see you're knitting too. Hope everything is settled for you soon.

Lara said...

I am also glad to see you are knitting again. I think you will find peace in it. The vest is looking great. I hope this transition for you goes as well as possible. The separating, in my opinion, is the most difficult part. Once that is done you can pick up the pieces and move on and know there is a better future for you out there.

AllyB said...

The new project looks great and the plans for the future sound good too. Keep on rockin!

Robin said...

The vest looks great - hang in there! Sounds like you're working everything out.

Virtuous said...

So good to hear from you again! And glad you are making smart moves @ PT job.

I've missed your updates!

Keep on knitting and stay focused!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad to see you knitting - as my 4 year old says "keep on keepin'on"!!

Adrienne said...

Glad you are doing well and back to knitting. Hang in there.

JustMe said...

Great color! Good that you are back knitting :)

Lisa said...

Good to see you back in the knitting saddle! Can't wait to see your project completed : )

Debora said...

I can't wait to see this finished!! Glad you're doing ok.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Sounds like you're hanging in there. Good luck w/ everything girlie. The vest looks awesome. We still have to get together sometime soon to catch up.

WandaWoman said...

I'm glad to hear from you and that you are knitting. Still living with your now ex makes a tenuous situation. Hopefully that will soon end and you can move on.

Sheila said...

Its good to hear you're doing better and knitting again. Ohhh!! I likey.. loving the cables.

Kimberly said...

Wishing you well in your transition.

The cables look good.