KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:05 AM

Fifi Progress and Interwave Knits Fall 2007




Here is my Fifi progress. I did have to tinker back 4 rows, but it wasn't as bad as I would have thought. All is well in Fifi land, but I am a little unsure of Row 43 that says continue in est. pattern. I'm knitting the small size. Can anyone interpret?

I received the Fall 2007 issue of Interweave Knits and I'm VERY happy with it. I'm not much of a cables person typically, but now that I'm doing Fifi, I'm warming up to it. I have dog eared several pages of projects. First on the list...the Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang. It is simple, yet has enough interest with the cable design. Happily, I received the Knit Picks Summer 2007 magazine the same day...so I'm picking great yarns for these projects. I also purchased the Tree Jacket pattern from the Zephyr Girls, so I'll be adding yarn to my stash for that project as well. So many patterns, so little time!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the tangled yoke cardigan, too... as well as several other patterns in there! I need to finish my Serrano cardi first, tho...

Adrienne said...

Love that pattern!! Can't wait to see your fifi!!!

Robin said...

I got my Fifi to work over the weekend - separated sleeves and just finished the first 8 row repeat for the lower bodice pattern. Tried it on and it fits!
Round 43 - I did it like Round 29 except without the increases (maybe more like 26 as that had no increases.) This pattern is like a total leap of faith though, you just have to do something, look at the result and compare it to the picture. Crazy. Once you start the lower bodice part though, it is easy, and the cables are only every 7 rounds (and there's only two of them.)

Tree Jacket - I cast on for it yesterday and just finished the neck.

Sheila said...

Fifi is coming along nicely.

Susan said...

Thanks Robin - I thought it seemed like 29 as well, but wasn't positive. I'll give it a try and then see how it looks. Glad yours fits you!

Virtuous said...

Yes your Fifi is moving along nicely!

Team Knit said...

lol i hear you re: no time
seems every turn I take I'm gathering more wips than FO's

Team Knit said...

<3 jen