KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:27 AM

Too Slow on the Progress



Here is my slow growing Summertime Tunic. I must say this has been the slowest project to date. I really thing it's the Lang Musica yarn that is soooo elastic. Hard to get use to. I am knitting in the round until it's long enough to separate for the front and back. I am really itching to start another project, like Tomato, or even Nicole from ChicKnits. I'm just afraid, I won't get back to the tunic. It should be a nice piece to wear for summer in San Diego, so I'm just continuing to push forward. I just wish it was pushing forward FASTER.

9 comments:

Teresa said...

I've had casting-on fever, myself. The good thing about it is I have a different project for every mood or situation (yes, there really is that many). I'd say go for it: capitalize on your enthusiasm to knit Nicole and knit like the wind, until you run out of steam. (yes, mixed metaphor. But it illustrates the point!) Hope you do cast on for another project. Sometimes it really helps!

Adrienne said...

I didn't even finish mine and hvae NO desire too! LOL You can get through it though!!! LOL

Virtuous said...

I agree with Canary - sometimes having two projects going on at one time can help break up the boredom of the other project and you just switch according to how you feel!

Keep Knitting!

WandaWoman said...

It sounds like it's the yarn that's holding you up. You usually zip through them. Do you think perhaps a change in needle type might help it go faster, i.e. Addis if you're using bamboo? Sometimes those simple changes make the project less taxing for me. Also, at the rate you're going, it will soon be done!

Anonymous said...

I like the colors you're using on your tunic; you're really not that far from finishing. Wanda had some good suggestions, too. I finished mine in maybe 2 weeks? For me, that's fairly quick, but I was focused & wanted to get done. If you really don't want to work on it though, pick up something else. Sometimes that helps.

Delana said...

The tunic is looking really good. I've been tempted many times to get some of that yarn ... after your experience I might steer clear though.

Jada said...

Its looking great so far.Don't stop finish it!!

Cas... said...

Keep it going girl! It's almost finished! It looks good!

Sheila said...

Your almost there... but feel free to cast on a new project it helps...lol