KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:16 AM

Summertime Tunic Progress

I have made more progress on the Summertime Tunic. I am finally past the 1 x 1 ribbing. I thought those 2 inches were going to never end. I am now working on the 12 inches of stockinette. Even though this is an easy project, it's not as enjoyable as I was expecting. This is partially due to the extra stretchiness of my yarn, which I'm still not use to yet. It's 50% nylon, which is a bit much perhaps. Either way - it's coming along. I'll have photo updates this evening. I took the wrong cord and can't upload till I get home. I will also take some time to cast on for tomato at lunch today. My yarn came in from Little Knits and it is absolutely fabulous!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I agree the ribbing part seems exceptionally tedious... although I ended up doing the wrong stitch, it was still tedious. I actually used Lion Brand Baby Soft, which is 60% acrylic, 40% nylon and agree there's a bit of stretchiness... but it allowed me to go with the medium size, I think if I'd gone with cotton I would've gone with the large size. Will stay tuned for Summertime Tunic FO.

Adrienne said...

I want to do tomato too...so much knitting, so little time! lol