KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:16 PM

Out of Town Trade Show



Just a quick note to let you know that I'm alive and well - knitting as usual. I'm currently working on the 1 x 1 rib on the Interweave Knit's Summertime Tunic pattern. I'm going to a Nursing trade show in San Antonio, Texas tomorrow morning (Wednesday) and will be back late Friday night. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of progress done on my tunic. I'll have pictures for everyone Saturday or Sunday, for sure. The picture on this post is from my trip to Vegas a few months back. I figured I should at least get one picture posted from a past trip before I start taking a bunch of pictures from a new trip in which i'll probably forget to post until another subsequent trip. I see a viscous cycle here....

While I'm still searching for the perfect substitute for Rowan Calmer yarn for the upcoming SKC KAL - Fifi, I've also joined the "No Sheep for You" KAL. Since I live in San Diego, I've been a new convert to cotton blends. Vermont was all about the wool - but I'm transitioning with ease. I've printed out the Tomato pattern from KnitScene and order King Tuts mercerized cotton from Little Knits in Delicious Burgundy & a Little Silver. The Burgundy color will be the main color and the silver will be the contrasting color. I've never done any real fair isle color work, so I'm excited about Wendy Bernard's pattern.

I also have yarn for another Rusted Root for my Sister's birthday in September, Pima Melange Cotton for an Interweave project, Knit Picks Wool of the Andes for Fitted Knit's Textured Tunic, Bamboo yarn for Coachella, Elann's cotton yarn for Nicole (by Chic Knits), Elanns cotton/linen blend yarn for the camisole from Knitting Lingerie Style, and an ever growing sock yarn stash from my coffeswap and SP10 partners. I really need to get on task and start completing these projects. Actually - forget about completing - I need to START these projects....and a work related trade show seems like a great way to start....

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

Wow! You have a lot of soon-to-be on the needles projects!

Hope you are trip is great and you get lots of knitting done!

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you - you look radiant!

Tomato is a very easy fair-isle project - you don't have to do anything special to strand the yarn, because there's nowhere in the pattern where you have to carry the yarn more than 3 (or maybe 4 in a few spots) stitches. Super-easy.

If you haven't tried Calmer yet, you will LOVE it. I am SO looking forward to the KAL's start on 7/1 and working with my "Tangerine" Calmer.

Sheila said...

Can I call you Cast-On Diva...lol. Great project selections. I eyed the Tomato project, but may press on for something a lil easier. Enjoy your trip.