KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:36 PM

Knitting Lingerie Style - Toe Up Sock Pattern


I have just purchased the Knitting Lingerie Style book by Joan McGowan-Michael of White Lies Designs. A new KAL for this book is starting July 1st. For my first project, I have started the Lace Sock which will be my first toe-up sock project. Unfortunately I am having issues with the directions (which is probably self-explanatory to everyone else in the world).

I'm on the toe portion and it reads:

Row 3: "Purl"

Row 4: "Pick up and knit 1 st from first half of toe, knit to end, pick up and knit 1 st from first half of toe."

I'm suppose to repeat these two rows until I have 26 sts on the needles. Looking at my pic - can anyone tell me where I should be going and doing? I'm really excited about this project - which seems very simple, I just can't get a handle on it for some reason. I'm using Rowan Cotton Glace, which was a gift from my darling Secret Pal from SP10. I get wonderful notes and ecards through email and through comments on my blog. I'd love to show how much I appreciate this spoiling with an FO using one of my yarn gifts.

4 comments:

Lia said...

I've never seen a pattern for that toe, but I would think it means to pick up the side stitch from the row right below your needle. THen next time, from a row below that. So the row you're on in the picture would be the tip of the toe, and the whole thing will fold up from there. When you get to 26, you should be even with your cast-on row.

Susan said...

Thanks Lia. That's what I ended up doing and it seems to be working well.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you figured it out now, but I think there was an article in the last issue of Interweave Knits re: toe up socks that might be a helpful reference.

Adrienne said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see your progress on it!