KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:51 AM

Happy Monday - New Cast Ons



Happy Monday! I had a good weekend, although I have very little to show in the way of knit progress. On Friday, I cast-on for Coachella with left-over bamboo yarn in butter. Now it is a simple pattern and I felt really good about the progress until I separated for the back... Every now and then, I twist my stitches when joining in the round. Of course the directions say "be careful not to twist" and I try to be careful, but for whatever reason, it was twisted. Daaannngggg! So - I have frogged my Coachella and have cast on for Nicole from Chic Knits instead.


I am also excited about the Summertime Tunic from Interweave Knits Summer '07. I saw the most beautiful FO from Cozy's Place and went online immediately to order yarn for this project. Her tunic is absolutely stunning. I purchased Lang Yarns Musica in Dappled Sunlight. It's a Cotton/Nylon blend that I thing will give me the right amount of stretchiness. I might not have to do short-row shaping, or at least only a small amount if the yarn stretches the way I think it might. It also comes with a cute pattern that's been discontinued, so that'll get added to my stash of patterns. I think I have more patterns as stash than yarn these days.

With my ever growing pattern list, and my new subscription to Interweave Knits, I'm hoping either the Nicole vest or one of the Interweave Patterns like Josephine will be picked for the SKC KAL this time around. I'm not so excited about the top runners as they stand right now. Plus - I need to get through some of the glorious patterns I already have. I really need to lay off all of the blog reading, it only adds more and more projects to my ever growing list. I'm sure y'all can identify.

8 comments:

Robin said...

I DEFINITELY can understand getting too many ideas for projects from blog-reading (I'm not as on top of it as you are, but I try!) I liked a lot of the nominations for the SKC - I thought I liked Tulip best before but now I voted for Fifi. I was surprised at how much I liked it after seeing the other two versions of it on blogs. I had thought I didn't really like their patterns after the few I had seen before, but this one is cute (in my opinion.)

Jada said...

I am liking that summertime tunic!!I do not knit ,but I am a beginner in crocheting.I will visit again to see how your projects are coming along.

Have a great Day!!

Adrienne said...

You should join our Summertime Tunic KAL...I need some more inspiration lol

JustMe said...

I am having a hard time with the current knitalong options, too. I don't want to buy more yarn right now and don't have anything for the listed projects in my stash.

Bev Love said...

Welcome to EE. You sound like you have cast on fever. I do too!! As soon as I finish half (sometimes less than half) of a project I start fondling my stash or flipping through my patterns.

Cas... said...

Wonderful projects! Good Luck with all your projects!

Virtuous said...

I know how it is reading other blogs and add more patterns to your wish list!! :o)

WandaWoman said...

After seeing Cozy's Summertime Tunic, it makes me want to knit one. The only thing is those ribbons, I don't love for me. I'm curious to see if you knit it, how yours turns out. As a bustier girl, I wasn't sure if the summertime tunic was right for me, so if you knit yours, I'll get a better idea. Besides you knit much faster than me, so I can wait on you to work it out. (nice, huh?!)

I love Coachella too. Hmm, might try that out with some bamboo, could be good.