KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:27 AM

Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan


Here's my progress on Wendy Bernard's Not So Shrunken Cardigan. I have about 4" to go before removing the sleeves. This is the part that I love, since the body knits a lot faster without those extra stitches. I am loving the Knit Pick's yarn choice - 100% Merino Wool in Butternut. It's a color that I've never used before in my knitting. My only negative comment for this project is that it's knit back and forth, which means rows of purl, which I don't like. Oh well - there's still no real finishing to this project, and that's a major bonus. Plus, I have the cutest silver heart buttons to go with this project.

In other knitterly knews...I have made a bunch of online yarn purchases for upcoming projects. I'm part of the Fitted Knits KAL which starts April 1st. I choice the Wool of the Andes in a deep, wine color from Knit Picks. For only $3.99 a hank, I couldn't pass it up, even though I wanted to make the Textured Tunic in the yellow color that the book showed. I also purchased yarn from Little Knits, including Ella Rae Classic in a beautiful pastel aqua blue, Feza Cekor in a light gray color, Cascade Pima Melange in a charcoal grey, Crystal Palace Cotton Flamme in a celery green color. Man! I'm on a yarn mission for sure. Still, these all have projects waiting for them, so they won't be in my stash for too long.

That's it for now, but hopefully I'll have update pics of the sleeves removed soon.

4 comments:

stacyZ said...

I love your progress on ALL these sweaters. You are on fire lady! I cannot wait to see what you do during the KAL. I have swatched 3 projects for it already...Love the yarns you have selected already!

Adrienne said...

Looking GOOD!!!! You areo n a roll! What are you going to do first for the Fitted Knits KAL?

Susan said...

I'm planning on doing the Textured Tunic as my first project. I'm getting very excited!

Robin said...

You are working through all of the independent patterns lately! Amazing!