KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:32 PM

Twirl Me Dress Pattern


...and sometimes she does sew for her daughter...well not really. I have always had an aversion to this since my daughter was born knowing what she prefers fashion-wise. Mommy does not always hit the mark. After two dresses made over the years the first one was worn for a sewing fashion show while the second one made it to daycare twice. This was not a motivating factor for me. I'd rather knit her a sweater or make her a quilt (and who's lying...I don't do those very often either).



Browsing the blogosphere, I have been silently stalking Debbie from Lily Sage and Company.Her clothing always makes me envious and her fashion sense is enough to make my 4-year old proud. So when she asked for pattern testers, I jumped at the opportunity to try another dress for my daughter.  The truly clever pattern is called The Twirl Me Dress and my daughter did do her share of twirling in her versions. Yes, that means I actually managed to have TWO successes!



While it took her a little bit of time warming up to the first one, since she thought she had told me to pick a multicolored fabric, she still told me later how she really liked both dresses. The second version is more fluid and light which she picked as the winner for her Easter dress.  I have a feeling this will not be the last of these dresses since her smile and dance wearing them was enough to make this selfish seamstress want to sew for someone else....



4 comments:

Cas... said...

She's adorable and the dress is wonderful. Good job!

Debbie Iles said...

Totally gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing those beautiful photos. And for testing!

Mikhaela Reid said...

Oh, so very cute! Love the dresses and she is just gorgeous!

Susan said...

Thank you. FO stands for finished object. It might be more of a knitting term. :-)