KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:45 PM

FOs - Butterick 4807 & New Look 6648





So I finally had a chance to get some quick snaps of my latest FOs from yesterday. Two more to show, but that'll be another day. The top is the very popular knit piece from New Look. I chose a vibrant, wild fabric from Yardage Town. The pants are from Butterick. It's another knit pattern, which I opted for a comfy t-shirt material on sale for $2.98 in the left-over section at Yardage Town. These were really easy to sew and I have been working comfortably in them all day! I actually cut and sewed the pants while watching a movie. It took only 45 minutes from start to finish! These will both be work staples.

In a complete failure at fabric dieting, I have purchased two more pieces of fabric from Yardage Town to make a couple of dresses. When I returned from lunch, my Fabric.com order came in with the four pieces I purchased last week! Oh - the options I have! Here's to a continued movement towards successful sewing projects. Both of these were completely serged with the exception of the top's gathering at the bottom. I actually managed to use my new Bernina gathering foot attachment. Thanks Robin for the email support. It worked!





Here's a pic of my new dress form. While my roomie helped wrap my body in duct tape to make a customized version, I have failed to stuff and mount it. Easy solution? Buy one! Actually it's an early birthday gift....perrrrrfect.




A semi-Christmas gift for my Sister. A Sew Easy Butterick pattern I completed when I first started sewing, but failed to hem it. Finished and ready for the holidays. No peaking Pam. lol. FYI, my Sister is so tiny that I couldn't zip up the dress on the dress form, which is for medium sizes. Ha! After 3 kids, she's still an x-small. What a cruel world we live in. *wink*

12 comments:

Amanda S. said...

This outfit is really cute and looks oh so comfy. Great job!

Adrienne said...

Very cute!

Nik said...

I like the dress. Did you buy your dress form at the JoAnn's crazy sale on saturday?

Robin said...

Both items are very nice!! Yay on the dress form too - when you get it set up for your measurements, you may want to consider putting a bra on it to match your shape, and reducing the bust measurement on the form (so that it looks fuller but not as wide, if that makes sense.) I found this made a difference in how garments fit on the form (more realistic.)

I actually (finally) feel like I have enough fabric and I've stopped stashing. Glad the gathering foot email advice helped.

Cas... said...

I like your outfit! I really like the colors. They look good on you.

I got the same dress form from JoAnn's! LOL! I went on Saturday for the early sale and got it. I love it! For $99 it isn't bad!

Susan said...

I actually bought mine at Joann's on Friday. I used my 50% off coupon to get the same $99 discount.

Andrea said...

Both outfits are really nice. You are going to love your dressform. I love mine. By the way, don't forget to name her.

Jackie said...

HAHAHA! Yeah, don't forget to name her, mine's is called Leena! LOL
Both outfits are so cute!

Sarah said...

Love the dress... and I'm so jealous of your dress form!

Hilary said...

Seriously, I can't believe you made all of this stuff! I mean, I can because you obviously rock the sewing machine, but....if I didn't know better, I'd say you got it all at a high end boutique. Awesome job!

Unknown said...

love the sleeves on the shirt! and i have dressform envy.

Cennetta said...

Nice dress. I have yet to purchase a dress form. Congratulations!