KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:29 AM

Turtleneck Tube Vest Progress


I have made great progress on my first project for the Fitted Knits KAL. I am going to go to a local knit group this evening at Starbucks where I'm hoping to have all but the ribbing finished. I think that this project can be finished by Thursday at the latest. I will even have enough Ella Rae Classic yarn to use for my next project - the two tone shrug.

In other news, I have purchased a new car after sharing my boyfriends for almost a year since I moved to Cali. I'm very happy. I've been reluctant to really explore as I hate driving standard with all of the stop and go traffic. I now have a zippy Honda Civic with NAVIGATION SYSTEM. I have no excuse not to get up and go. I even input all of the yarns stores around in the address book, so I can try different LYS that I have yet to go to. I think this will help me out a lot. It will be my year anniversary of moving here May 20th and I really want to break out of my shell. I think my purchase will point me in the right direction to have that happen.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Congrats on the new car! I wish I could advise you on what to do lol, but I don't think I can.

WandaWoman said...

Hmm, I really like how the turtleneck tube is coming out. I don't like turtlenecks, but it is very cute. Congrats on the car too, that's awesome. I don't think I could share a car. I don't necessarily enjoy driving, but I like being able to go when I want to, just a necessary evil. Hope you enjoy your new ride!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow...that turtleneck is coming along fast! Looks good! Congrats on the car! All those yarn stores will definately help you learn your way around!!

Anonymous said...

The new car sounds like a lot of fun - especially the navigation system! I would love one of those for my car for exactly the same reason - hence the name of my blog...

I can't believe how much progress you made on that turtleneck. Are you planning another Fitted Knits project after that one?

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new car and having fun exploring! Do you really get much done when you go to knitting group? Usually there is too much talking going on for me to get much done.

Your Secret Pal 10

Susan said...

Hi Secret Pal,

I was just thinking about you. I think it can be hit or miss. It's perfect for doing a lot of stockinette stitches for those more chatty times. I've knit with one person and we both made great progress. It's still fun at any rate.

Virtuous said...

Congratulations on your new car!! :o) What color did you get? Is it a 2007?

LOL @ mapped out all the LYS!!

Happy Anniversary in Cali!